Important Information to Review Prior to Attending First Meetup:
- What is WordPress
- What is a CMS
- WordPress.org vs. WordPress.com
- What is a WordPress Theme
- What is a plugin
- What is SEO
- How to install WordPress
If you’re looking for any of the functions or how to setup WP, fix common bugs, etc – Look here first – It’s where WordPress keeps their official documents:
- WordPress.ORG vs. WordPress.COM Infographic
- Udemy WordPress Online Course (Free)
- WordPress.ORG: WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. Or if you just want to start a free blog, then WordPress.COM might do the trick:
WordPress.com, a hosted version of the open source package where you can start a blog in seconds without any technical knowledge.
- 15 Most Frequently Asked Questions by WordPress Beginners
- Beginners Guides from WPBeginner
- WP TutsPlus Tutorials – Videos that explain dashboard commands.
- How to Create a Blog
- Hardening WordPress
- BetterWPSecurity plugin
- Ultimate Security Checker plugin
- 10 WordPress Security Measures That You Can’t Miss!
- WP Security Checklist
- WooThemes: WordPress Themes for all types of web publishers.
- ElegantThemes: Unlimited access to all themes for $39
- StudioPress: Genesis Framework
Videos from almost ALL of the WordCamps around the world including those from all the WCphx events. LOTS of info here: WordPress.TV
we’ll add more as time goes…